Sunday 5 November 2017

There is a new girl in my life!

Karen & I met in Abu Dhabi through a mutual friend. We went on our first date & we talked & talked for around six hours! We discovered that we had a lot in common in our family values & the way we led our lives. I felt as if I had known her all my life.

St Regis Hotel:Abu Dhabi

Karen is from Chester & that is where she lives (for the moment)! We met in London & stayed in The Waldorf Hilton, which was central for most of the places we wished to visit.

The Waldorf Hilton: London.

First stop on the tour was Harrods Department Store! Managed to only do window shopping & escaped unscathed from the experience! A close one that!

My worst nightmare!
I am a nice person,
 I don't deserve this!


A bit cheaper in Cafe Nero!


Covent Garden


Which one is the monster?


We spent a nice afternoon exploring the Covent Garden area. So much to see & do here. had a great time. The evening was spent at the theatre watching a very powerful & compelling Phantom of the Opera. 

Our cosy home for the night!

This proved to be an inspired choice
 as a place to stay: it was fantastic!

After a great couple of days it was time to move the short distance to Ewell. We were of course visiting Nicci & family, it was Peaches's 12th birthday! How time flies, it seems only yesterday that she was born!

Peaches!

Happy birthday Peaches!

The birthday girl, growing up fast!

Peaches & Gabe.


The cake!


Making a wish!

Cheers Peaches! Any excuse really!

 The evening of 2nd November saw us all at an Indian restaurant recommended by the guardian newspaper. The food was good & we all had a good time. We then went back for bubbles! Not the kids, just the adults! There was cake as well! It was a late night!

Me & Nicci

Two very important girls in my life.




Recommended!

After a bit of a lie in, Karen & I went to the cafe & Nicci cooked us a full English breakfast. It was great! It was then time to take Karen to the station as she had work to go to. 

Ready for work!


Nice to have a midwife around
 for all emergencies!

Karen is a midwife & she works in a baby factory! She told me to tell you all that he is 31 & a bit years old. This is of course true, but it is a big bit!

All dressed up!

Sara & Nicci: best buddies.

Photobombed!


On the 4th November the Manley family had a wedding to go to. I joined them for pre-wedding bubbles at a friend's house. I watched the rugby & then had a quiet meal at a local restaurant.

Three Chelsea supporters!

The next day was a quiet one, went to watch the Chelsea versus Manchester United game at Paul & Sara's house. A nice time was had by all.

This was a new place for me to visit.
 Had a wonderful tour guide!

Mum & Dad

On 6th I traveled up to Doncaster to sort out my late father's estate & then on to Chester where Karen picked me up & introduced me to her Mum & Dad. We enjoyed a lovely evening at their house.



Rowan & me under the 
historic clock.

Rowan & Karen.


The walk along the river.




It turned out to be a wonderful, 
cold crisp winters day.

We stayed at The Grovenor Hotel, which proved to be an inspired choice, lots of old world charm. Did a bit of shopping & then went out for a very nice Italian dinner. The next day Rowan traveled over from Ilkley & we did a tour of the roman walls & a lovely walk along the river.

A nice time was had by all!

Later we met up with Karen's Mum & Dad & enjoyed a lovely late lunch. Then it was time for both Rowan & I to leave Chester to travel back across the hills to Ilkley. Karen was back at work & I had things to do!

In the local pub.

This one is better!

Tom, Rowan & Ceggy.

Spent most of the day on the 9th  Christmas shopping in Ilkley with Rowan, then we all went out for a nice meal in the evening. The next day I left & traveled on the train back to Ewell. It had been a wonderful few days.
Peaches & me.

Mia, Peaches & Gabe.

Cookies!
Peaches was there to meet me & I was babysitting that night. She had a friend sleeping over (Mia) & Gabe organised the tickets & cookies for the home cinema. We watched La La Land & it was great!

Meanwhile back in Abu Dhabi.....
Clare, Ahmed & Raha.


The 11th was all about watching rugby & then Gabe's birthday dinner at the local Italian restaurant. A good time was had by all.

Dinosaurs & cars
 before breakfast!

Peaches.

The next day there was a baby shower in the cafe & Peaches picked up some balloons! Did a nice walk in the meadows as the weather was cold & crisp, a perfect winters day.





No comments:

Post a Comment